Thursday 23 May 2013

Victim of Atos Goes on Hunger Strike

YOUR SUPPORT URGENTLY NEEDED - Read the full story here!

A PROTEST FOR US ALL.


 The result of my abuse was that I now have PTSD and recurring bouts of depression. I also have Asthma but that runs in my family. My abusers were never punished.

I did not just sit down and whine and feel sorry for myself. I took action to help other abused males and to raise their profile to the public mind. I started a web site on the subject (Only the second one in the world at that time) and went onto TV, Radio and into the press to discuss the issue.

I joined the male charity, ‘ManKind‘ as their National Domestic Violence Coordinator and ran a 24 hr help line from my home for male victims.

The PTSD made this all very difficult and, after having a flashback and breaking down live on a breakfast programme with Philip Schofield and Fern Britain, in front of millions, I was forced by my health to give up much of that work and withdraw from the public eye.

Expected time to live: Between three and five days. This protest will begin at midnight on Monday may 20th 2013 and will end in either victory or death soon after.

Whether or not my fight becomes a pointless and empty gesture or, a carefully aimed and effective stone in my sling shot aimed at the enemies head, depends on you and people like you.

NOTE: This decision is NOT the result of a depressive episode. I am thinking clearly and I am in my right mind as I type this. 

The Plan and what YOU can do to help: 

On Monday I will eat my last meal and take my last fluids. The media will be able to reach me through this number 0750 88 1975 7.

Do what you can to get it to as many local, national and International press offices as possible. Search for them online. Get Organised here!

WHY AM I DOING IT THIS WAY?

ATOS have stripped all of my benefits away and left me with nothing. I cannot pay rent or council tax. I cannot buy any food once my money runs out.

Soon I will be homeless and on the streets. While I am still in my home I will have no power or heating. I have no family left. I will go from poverty to extreme poverty and at 60 years of age

I will not last long anyway. The appeal process is long, fraught with obstacles and hard to undertake alone. None of what is offered to me, or you, is guaranteed. It is a bureaucratic nightmare designed to make us give up and go away from the sheer stress they are putting us through. 

 It is like walking a tightrope without a safety net while the government and ATOS try to push you off with long polls. 

If I am going to fall to my death then I will do so when I am ready and not when the government decide to give me that final nudge and the medical establishment decides to walk by on the other side and pretends not to see.

It is my life. I shall end it in my way while I still have that choice. I will not be murdered by savage unfeeling suits in Westminster and the civil service. 

If you can use my protest to get the help you so richly deserve and to remind the British people what compassion and love for others means, then do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment